Patchwork and Quilting Classes & Courses
The Cotton Patch run a range of Quilting Classes, Courses, Workshops and Open Days at The Cotton Patch Studio in Hall Green, Birmingham. The Cotton Patch Studio is a short two minute walk from The Cotton Patch shop.
The Cotton Patch Studio is the premier showroom, demonstration and training centre for Longarm and Midarm Quilting in Europe. Lynda Jackson, our Longarm Educator, together with other Handi Quilter Educators and Ambassadors is able to offer an exciting variety of classes to help our customers make the most of their Handi Quilter and Grace machines. We have demonstration machines from Handi Quilter and Grace at our Studio – it is essential to pre-book an appointment if you would like a demonstration. Please call 0121 702 2840.
18” Longarm Handi Quilter Avante with Studio Frame
Handi Quilter Pro Stitcher computerised system with Handi Quilter Avante.
Handi Quilter 16” Sitdown Machine – the Sweet Sixteen
Grace Qnique 14” Mid-arm Quilting Machine and Qnique Frame
Gracie Queen Frame with option of Janome 1600PQC 9” Machine
Please visit our website at www.cottonpatch.co.uk to book any of our classes. Please call 0121 702 2840 if you have any questions about the classes we run.
Terms and Conditions of Classes:
- Bookings must be made in advance and be accompanied by full payment.
- A refund can only be given for classes with UK-based teachers if four weeks' notice of cancellation is received (less a £5 cost for administration). For teachers that are from overseas monies can only be refunded if someone else can fill the place as airfares will be incurred. Monies cannot be transferred to another class and we recommend that if you are travelling a distance or have booked on a series of classes that you consider travel insurance in case of eventualities.
- Occasionally due to a lack of demand or exceptional circumstances we may have to cancel a class. If we cancel a full refund will be given (for the class fee).
- We regret that we cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to student's property.
- Parking is available at the rear of the property – please park at The Studio rather than at the front of the shop.
- Full details on requirements for the courses together with a map of the parking and access to the Studio will be sent with your booking confirmation.
- Materials are not included unless stated otherwise.
- For full-day workshops please bring a packed lunch with you. Waitrose is close by if required.
Lynda Jackson - A Profile of our Handi Quilter and Quilting Educator
This is Lynda’s story:
I am so proud to tell you all that in addition to running my own Longarm quilting business, I am also the UK authorised Handi Quilter Educator and work closely with The Cotton Patch, where I hold a number of lessons each year, together with demonstrations at the major quilting shows around the UK. I hold a number of private lessons in my studio or at The Cotton Patch for those who prefer one to one tutoring.
I have been sewing and crafting and quilting in one way or another for more years than I care to remember, ever since I was a small child.
After spending 30 years in the service of the public, I retired to what I thought was going to be a quiet life, but then I started sewing even more, increasing the number of machines, fabrics and quilt tops that needed quilting. It soon became obvious to me that I needed a professional quilting system and took the plunge and bought my Longarm system.
However, like most people in the UK, our homes are not built to house a large longarm system. So after much encouragement from friends and requests from others to quilt their tops, I took the plunge to turn my hobby/obsession/love into a business.
As a result I now find myself in my own studio with a 12' long Handi Quilter HQ18 Avante Longarm Quilting Machiner with Pro-Stitcher and I am surrounded by an ever growing stash of fabrics and goodies. The studio means I can meet customers to discuss their needs and I can take classes for those wanting to learn or further their skills.
In addition to the longarm quilter I have a number of Embroidery machines on which I produce my quilts both embroidered and pieced. I can also produce personalised embroidered labels for the quilts should customers want them to add something a little bit more special once I have finished quilting them.
You can find out more about Lynda and her quilting at her website: www.capricornquilting.co.uk/
Patchwork and Quilting Classes
Since 2012 Joy Edgington of Pastures New Quilting has provided a range of Patchwork and Quilting classes at The Cotton Patch Studio. Joy will continue to run the full range of classes but at the Cadet Training Centre in Shirley. You can find out more about the classes that Joy will be running on her website. You can book them directly with Joy - pasturesnewquilting.com or by telephone on 07881 948834 or 0121 474 5968. Customers of Joy will also benefit from a Cotton Patch Shop Loyalty Programme from April 2015.